Collection of personal information
- Larissa May Events collects information about you when you provide it to us. The types of information collected about you include information such as your name and email address, contact details and other information you choose to provide. Larissa May Events primarily collects personal information from you through written and electronic means of communication when you interact with us. This may occur when you subscribe to our newsletter, log in to the Website as a contributor or register for an account, enter a competition, submit a reader review, send us an email, or post on the website or one of our social media accounts. Additionally, when you enter any password-protected area of the Website, the Website will recognise you and collect information that you submit through the use of authentication tokens tied to user accounts created on or through an integrated third-party platform.
- If you login to our Website or register for an account or access our Website (or any part of it) via a third-party platform (such as Facebook or Google), you consent to us collecting, storing and using the information you make available to us via the third party platform. This includes your name, date of birth, the profile information you make public (including your profile picture)
- Information sent by your web browser may be automatically collected. This information typically includes the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, operating system and the Website, the average time spent on the website, pages viewed, information searched for, access time, websites visited before, location information and other relevant statistics. The amount of information sent depends on the settings you have on your web browser and/or personal electronic device.
- You may also choose to communicate with Larissa May Events anonymously or using a pseudonym, however doing so may restrict your ability to interact with certain sections of the website (such as being able to contribute to the Website).
Use and disclosure of personal information
- Larissa May Events may use your personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected. This purpose will be a purpose that is reasonably expected at the time of collection and may be specified in a privacy collection statement at the point of collection. Larissa May Events may also use your personal information for a secondary-related purpose. By submitting your personal information, you consent to Larissa May Events using it to:
- monitor online activity on the Website;
- identify you and your posts or activities on the website to other users and/or the public;
- conduct competitions, deals and promotions;
- market and advertise to you (including by sending newsletters, alerts, special offers and promotions), and target advertisements based on user’s interests;
- maintain and update our business infrastructure, databases and systems;
- promote upcoming events to you, including by way of direct marketing; and
- do any other act or thing required or authorised by law.
- In providing our services or collecting and using your personal information, we may be required to disclose some of your personal information to third-party organisations, including:
- outsourced service providers and their personnel;
- third parties authorised by you to receive personal information held by us; 3. our legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors;
- regulatory, government and other authorities as required by law; and
- our related organisations.
- All information sent by your web browser will be used only to assist us in the purposes of providing an effective service on the Website. We may from time to time supply the owners or operators of third-party websites from which it is possible to link to the website with information relating to the number of users linking to the website from such third-party websites. You will not be personally identifiable from this information.
- Larissa May Events may use the information that it automatically receives from your web browser to see which pages you visit within the Website, which website you visited before coming to ours, and where you go after you leave. We may use this information to measure the use of the Website and to administer and improve the Website. Once aggregated for statistical purposes, you will not be personally identifiable from this information. This statistical data is interpreted by Larissa May Events in its continuing effort to present the Website content that visitors are seeking in a format they find most helpful.
Will you receive direct marketing?
- If you provide us with your personal information you consent to receive direct marketing communications from Larissa May Events, and you authorise us to send you promotional messages and materials related to events promoted through the Website and our select partners unless you submit a later request not to receive direct marketing communications.
- Larissa May Events’ direct marketing messages and materials will contain a prominent statement (including, for electronic messages, a functional unsubscribe facility) that you may request not to receive direct marketing communications.
Will your information be disclosed overseas?
- Some of our service providers, or the services they provide (like cloud storage services), may be based outside Australia. In order to protect your personal information, we take care where possible to work with service providers who we consider to maintain acceptable standards of data security compliance and we do our part to meet those standards as they apply to us.
- By providing us with personal information, you consent to personal information being used, stored and disclosed overseas, and acknowledge that in some cases the overseas laws regarding privacy may be different to Australian laws and that you may not be able to seek redress under the privacy laws of Australia.
- Larissa May Events may store some information on your computer such as cookies when you visit the Website. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to the hard drive of a visitor’s computer for record-keeping purposes. This information facilitates your use of the Website. You can erase or choose to block this information from your computer if you want to. Erasing or blocking such information may limit the range of features available to you on the Website.
- Larissa May Events will take reasonable steps to ensure the security of any personal information you provide to us.
- Larissa May Events will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
Links to other sites
- You may be able to access other sites external to the Website by clicking on links that have been provided through the Website. Larissa May Events is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites and you should access privacy policies directly from these sites.
Contacting us / Complaints
- You generally have the right to access personal information we hold about you subject to the restrictions provided by law. We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you have a complaint in relation to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information, please contact Larissa May Events via the details provided below. Larissa May Events will review all complaints received and respond to each complainant within a reasonable period upon due consideration (which may require further information to be provided).
- You can request the removal or deletion of the personal information we hold about you where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Please contact Larissa May Events via the details provided below to make this request.
- If you are concerned about our use of your personal information, or if you would like to review or change the information you have supplied us with, please write to us at: email@example.com.
Further Information on Privacy
- You may obtain further information regarding privacy in Australia and protecting your privacy by visiting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website at www.oaic.gov.au or writing to the OAIC at GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001.